Palestinian journalists under attack
COME to the NUJ public meeting in Parliament where leaders of the Palestinian Journalists' Syndicate (PJS) will talk about the latest situation in Palestine, and they will present the results of their monitoring of attacks on journalists and media workers.
If you would like to attend then please RSVP: email@example.com
It's on Wednesday 4 July from 18:30 to 20:00 in Committee Room 16 in the House of Commons. Join the queue at the public entrance by 17:50 to be sure of getting through the checks in time.
In 2017 the PJS recorded 909 media violations in the West Bank and Gaza, 37 per cent more than the ones recorded in 2016. Media violations included the closure of media offices and production companies, financial penalties, websites blockages and arrests. According to PJS 2017 report, 81 per cent of the media violations (740) were committed by Israeli forces while 19 per cent (169) were attributed to Palestinian authorities.
The speakers confirmed for this event include:
- Nasser Abu Bakar - PJS president
- Michelle Stanistreet - NUJ general secretary
- Musa Shaer - Ramallah photojournalist
- Grahame Morris MP (Labour)
- Liz Saville Roberts MP (Plaid Cymru)
- Baroness Bonham Carter (Liberal Democrat)
- Representatives from the Conservatives and SNP have also been invited.